- Whenever convenient and possible.
- Anything that cannot be handled with a quick call.
- Anything that would normally require an in-person visit but does not require additional testing
- This will be your best paid option. (You will be paid as if in-person)
Document it as you would a normal evaluation and management visit in your office/hospital/nursing home. ||
Send us the corresponding E/M code (for example 99212,992213,99214, etc) and append a modifier “95”. We will adjust per payor rules. |
Phone Call Only ||
- When the patient’s issue can be dealt with over a quick call.
- When it is not convenient or possible to schedule an E-Visit.
- When no e-visit or in-person visit has taken place for the issue over the previous 7 days or the coming 24 hours
- When only a phone call is necessary. No images, videos, or health data is shared.
- This will be your lowest paid option ($16.43)
Document a “telephone note” in your EMR/EHR. Capture the time spent on the phone and summary of the issues discussed ||
Send us the code G2012. We will bill when possible (insurance covers) and adjust coding as needed. |
Virtual Check-In ||
- When an E-Visit is not convenient or possible.
- When the patient’s issue can be dealt with over phone but other data is needed (the data can be sent to you securely from the patient)
- Example: The patient contacts you complaining of an issue, and you need to see a picture of the problem area. The patient sends the picture via a secure platform and you discuss the issue over the phone.
- This will be your middle-of-the-road option in terms of pay.
- These are time Based Codes
- THEY CAN ONLY BE BILLED ONCE PER WEEK
Document the phone encounter as described above, attach the images/data (with dates) to the patient’s chart in your EMR. ||
Send us one of the following:
- 99421 – 5-10 Minutes spent throughout the week
- 99242 – 11-20 Minutes spent throughout the week
- 99243 – 21 or more minutes spent throughout the week.